Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nostalgia and Death

Today is a good day. The sun shines. The temperature is mild. Birds chirp. Governments topple. (Go here if interested on saying his name right. Or mine. I'm yet to find an english native speaker that can say "Diogo" properly. Or "prateleira". They always make it sound like some kind of disease.)

Yesterday we were voted to be the new building administrators.

Spoilers
Yesterday, after much hard work on my part to make him like me, I still lost Carver forever. No matter what I do, Dragon Age, you really won't let me have any siblings. I left Bethany behind, she got recruited to the Circle. I take Carver along, I have to kill him. Honestly, I just wanted to build a relationship with these things.  (屮゚Д゚)屮 Y U NO LET ME?

And what's worse (or maybe exactly what the devs intended in the first place) the minute I understood what was about to happen I was hit with this sudden dread: how was I going to explain this to my in-game mother? She had begged me not to take him but I, being cock-sure about my ability to protect him and eager to spend more time with him and show him that our sibling rivalry was uncalled for, took him along. Luckily, she cried more than she blamed me. I kind of don't want to go back to my mansion though, I know how she'll look at me.
/Spoilers

I was hit by a sudden wave of nostalgia and found myself listening to a loop about the story of a man who just wants to go back to the woman he loves. Can you guess what her name is?



I guess something good did come out of the '80s after all.

2 comments:

  1. We came out of the Eighties. Am enjoyingy your new blog. So much more of an enjoyable and honest read compared to all the cynical & serious gamers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... I can be serious! If I try...

    ReplyDelete