Monday, April 25, 2011

Viva a Revolução!

Lisbon border. Interestingly enough,
the old city walls are before this sign. Are we losing ground?
Aaaand we're back!

And what a day to be back! It may not mean much to the rest of the world, possibly just a footnote, but today was a magical day some 36 years ago. It redefined what it means to be portuguese, added a flavour to the nation. It also created some bad habits and "the little people" seem to always confuse "employer" or "state" with "enemy". Or maybe it was the fascist regime that did that. Oh well. Hey, they made a movie about it and that's what I've been watching. It has that guy in it. You know, that guy that was in the new Fast&Furious thingy. Oh and Fabienne from Pulp Fiction.

I could go on and on about it, how the people came together to overthrow a fascist regime without killing anyone. Well, killing very few people. And not counting the thousands that died as a result of civil wars breaking out on freshly decolonized countries. My point being, it was awesome and my mother was there, handing out soup from the hospital to the military. A great time to be alive. Wish I'd been there to see it.

I'm pretty bushed from all the packing and unpacking and now I'm gonna play me some Katamari. We played (and even debated O_O) some games during the course of our short vacation and I might be covering some of it later.
São Pedro de Moel
I took some neat photos too. A lot of countryside. I love the countryside. More like I love the country. We had 2 days of british weather but it was a sunny 20º-ish for most of the time. We had a barbecue and everything and strolls by the beach and some epic fail moments.

Here's the song of the day. The song that kickstarted said revolution.


You can go back to googling the royal wedding now. Byebye!

1 comment:

  1. What wedding? Is Lord British getting married?

    Glad to see you had fun. :P

    ReplyDelete