Saturday, November 12, 2011

WTT: Most Memorable Internet Videos, Pt 1

Over the course of this my simple existence there have been  few things that brought a tear to my eye and a pain to my gut. From laughing so hard. Others were just cool. All of them, found on what we here affectionately call the "Interwebs". Or maybe it's just me. In  no way do I think these movies are intrinsically good or bad. They just became popular/viral for whatever reason and I happened to be caught in the blastwave. By which I mean they are featured here by their relevance in my life and not necessarily in the grand scheme of things.

Notable Mentions: La Caida de Edgar, with its many, many remakes/remixes (not all of them good); Eh Marine, for the sheer amount of Portuguese remixes that surfaced. For the life of me I still don't get why; Failblog, for continuing to provide us with proof that there's always someone stupider and, finally, a warm recollection of the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei opening. Never saw the anime, but I played that game a whole lot .

Without further ado:

10. Galacticmammoth

Featured not only because I myself was featured in two productions but because, truly, it's some of the most creative things I've ever seen done using a video game.

9. Boot To The Head


If I'm not horribly mistaken, this craze first started because of a sketch by The Frantics. The above is merely my favorite adaptation.

8. Sittin On Tha Toilet


Let's face it, we've all sung in the bathroom, be it in the shower or on the toilet. I, personally, have sung this little gem plenty on the toilet. And then laughed hysterically.


7. The Strangerhood


Years ago, when I was a young girl, I played The Sims. Shocking, yes? Especially if you ever read this blog before. This machinima was made by Rooster Teeth, the creators of the infamous RedvsBlue.

6. SunnyD and Rum


This is actually on my recurrent playlist whenever I go outside.


I'm in a hurry though but see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Great....now guess what I'll be humming when I'm next in the bathroom...

    And that Sunny D and Rum- lol! The last half is a good example of what the music industry is really doing...any no-talent fool can be made to sound.... mainstream..

    :)

    ReplyDelete